Physical Graffiti: CrossFit + Graffiti Art Workshops
What: ORIENTATION MEETING for our upcoming graffiti workshops (Details & Sign Up below)
When: THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6th 1PM-2PM
Where: Academy of Lions @ 64 Ossington Avenue
How: Get the goods on our upcoming workshops, meet local graffiti legends and tour the Ossington Lane Way.
Hope to see you there.
Well and Good Presents PHYSICAL GRAFFITI: CROSSFIT + GRAFFITI ART WORKSHOP SERIES
Join us for our latest weekend workshops to learn about and practice aerosol safety, graffiti, drawing and screen printing* at the Academy of Lions.
*Participants have the option to pursue one of 2 Streams - Graffiti or Tee Shirt Design
Phase 1: Aerosol Safety and Graffiti with CrossFit Training
- Learn about and discuss the history of graffiti and street art.
- Learn about the tools & initial techniques of spray painting using aerosols.
- Drawing & T-Shirt artwork design
- Push yourself to your limits with CrossFit, a core strength and conditioning program developed to enhance an individual’s competency at all physical tasks.
- Plus get a free North Safety mask, filters & goggles set. ($125 Value)
Day 1: Saturday October 13, 2012
Noon - 5pm
Part 1: Aerosol Safety – Mask Fitting & Cross Fit Training @ Academy of Lions
Part 2: Graffiti Workshop @ Academy of Lions
Day 2: Sunday October 14, 2012
Noon - 5pm
Graffiti and Drawing workshop and Graffiti Demonstration
Phase 2: Graffiti Mural production and Screen Printing with CrossFit Training
Saturday October 20 and Sunday October 21, 2012
Noon - 5pm
Meet Up at Queen & Dufferin @ 12PM (North West corner amphitheatre)
Screen Printing @ The Baitshop
CrossFit @ Academy of Lions
Graffiti mural TBC
- Community building through Social Media
- Make a website to sell your tees (ecommerce)
In partnership with ProAction Cops & Kids, Academy of Lions, The Baitshop and Autoshare.
Workshops are open to youth aged 14-25 **Space is limited to 24 participants**
Physical Graffiti is funded by ProAction Cops & Kids, a charitable organization that provides funding for Toronto Police programs for youth at risk.
About ProAction Cops & Kids:
ProAction is a charity that funds projects and activities, initiated and run by police
officers, which engage youth at risk. Our goal is to build trust and mutual respect
between cops and youth, helping kids at risk before they become kids in trouble.